First off–SNOW DAY FOR ME! Like a kid, I kept checking from 4am onward to see if we would get a snow day. Schools around us all had late starts but there was nothing about my school…Literally one minute before my alarm went off, it finally posted…CLOSED! Yay!
Okay, now onto the food part. I’ll admit, I totally forgot about taking a picture of this dish because of my hunger and slight wine buzz (the best way to wait for Kevin on his late working nights). So I apologize for that part. However, I still think you should try out this recipe, as it is the perfect winter, comfort food dish. Plus, it’s all mixed in one dish so it helps cut down on dishes and is easy to make on a night when you’d rather sit back and drink wine than spend a lot of time in the kitchen (so…every night). I adapted the recipe from this Big Oven one–I added some more pieces to give it a bit more flavor. Technically, I’d say the recipe is perfect for 3–we have some leftovers for a nice lunch this snow day for me!
Cheesy Chicken Rice Casserole (For 2)
-1 10.75 oz Cream of Chicken Soup (I used the Healthy Recipe one)
-1 cup chicken broth
-1 cup uncooked Minute rice (white or brown)
-3-4 chopped green onions
-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
-2 tablespoons sour cream
-1 lb boneless skinless chicken, uncooked and chopped
-1 cup cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Mix everything but the chicken and cheese together in a casserole or baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. I even added a dash of worchestershire sauce.
3. Place chicken on top and cover with lid or aluminum foil.
4. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
5. Uncover dish and sprinkle on cheese. Cook for another 4-5 minutes or so.