Last night for dinner, I had deviled egg BLTs and man they were tasty! If you are looking to mix up your usual BLT or are a fan of egg salad, I think you should try it out. Here is the recipe below from Rachael Ray:
- 12 slices bacon
- 8 slices good-quality white bread
- 10 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard or yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish
- 2-3 teaspoons hot sauce, such as Frank’s RedHot brand
- About 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 small red chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, grated or pasted
- 2-3 tablespoons mayonnaise (or Vegenaise or Greek-style yogurt)
- Salt and pepper
- Romaine leaves and tomato slices, for serving
- Red pepper jelly (optional)
Pre-heat the oven to 375°F. Arrange the bacon on a broiler pan and roast until crisp, about 15 minutes. Pre-heat the broiler. Place the bread on a baking sheet and toast, turning once, for 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the eggs and enough cold water to cover; bring to a rolling boil. Remove the pan from the heat, cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain the eggs, crack the shells; cover the eggs in their shells with cold water and let stand for a couple of minutes, then peel the eggs.
Halve the eggs and place the yolks in a bowl. Add the onion, mustard, relish, hot sauce, Worcestershire, chili pepper and garlic; mash together. Stir in just enough mayo (or Vegenaise or Greek-style yogurt) to make smooth; season with salt and pepper. Chop the egg whites and fold into the deviled yolks.
Divide the egg salad among four toast slices. Top with the lettuce, tomato and bacon. Spread the top toast slices with a little red pepper jelly, if desired, and cover the sandwiches.