We celebrated Thanksgiving early this year with everyone home and boy, did it crazy! It started off relatively tame, but then my brother, Kyle, and his girlfriend Aimee arrived which commenced the drinking. We played several drinking games before leaving to go to a local bar to do karaoke (since it was also Lindsay’s girlfriend Melissa’s birthday). The next morning while recounting our adventures is when we truly realized how insane it was. Some of the highlights:
- Me doing my drunk thing and hugging complete strangers. We were sitting near the bathrooms so lots of people fell prey to my hugs.
- Aimee suddenly appearing with popcorn to my complete disgust (I thought someone had randomly handed it to her–no fear, it was free at the bar).
- Melissa yelling very loudly at two sweet guys outside the bar as we left (“Thanks Kyle” she said as he helped her get to the car. “You aren’t like those DOUCHEBAGS!”)
- Kyle making at least a thousand friends including an old man with a fancy fedora and silky vest who apparently sold gold coins to get pool cues…or at least that is what Kyle and Lindsay remember him saying.
- Kyle and Kevin dancing weirdly while using Lindsay’s jacket as accessories.
- Lindsay and Melissa singing “Shoop” while a man dressed in matching orange sweatshirt and sweatpants danced to their rendition.
- Visiting unsuccessfully two Taco Bells on the way home–and pulling out of the drive thru in both of them. Kyle also at one point got out of the car and peed by a nearby tree before directing traffic by the drive thru.
There was so many other weird stories, which would take a lot longer to describe. Suffice it to say there was a lot of laughter the next morning when we tried to piece together the night.