I have a love/hate relationship with rainy days like today. I guess you could say Mother Nature and I are frenemies when it comes to rainy, dreary days. We’re like Blair and Serena…god, I’m old. I just made a “Gossip Girl” reference which is probably like ancient now.
- Gives me an excuse to be lazy. “I can’t go to the gym…it’s too rainy. The streets might be dangerous, plus don’t want to get cold and soaked…”
- Nothing sounds better than curling up on the coach with a good book/tv show and some comfort food than on rainy days.
- Things outside just seem more peaceful and calm on rainy days. Life seems to move at half speed.
- It isn’t snow.
- Because I’m feeling lazy and want to just chillax on the coach with some soup and “Breaking Bad,” teaching on rainy days isn’t always the most productive or fun. I may or may not be projecting that I’d rather be at home than here haha.
- After a week of rainy days, it goes from relaxing and peaceful to depressing. You feel like you haven’t seen the sun in weeks.
- I feel guilty about NOT feeling guilty about being a lazy bum on the coach, because frankly I enjoy being a vegetable some days. And then I start freaking out that I’m in my mid-twenties and should be living it up and doing something productive.
Anyone else feel similar about rainy days?