I’ll admit it: I’m a pizza fiend. Like an addict, I use (aka eat) my drug of choice (pizza) and immediately want more. I do try to mix it up though by trying out different kinds. Today’s recipe: Loaded Mashed Potato Pizza. I took the essential idea/parts from a good recipe for Mashed Potato Pizza by Iowa Girl Eats & mixed it up a bit. The good thing is it is easy and quick for a weeknight dinner and has an awesome flavor to it. When I asked Kevin for a 1 sentence review, this is what I got: “It taste…I don’t know.” Well, you will just have to take my word for it that he ate it up and liked it. As did I! We gobbled it up so fast that the only picture I got of it was the leftovers.
Loaded Mashed Potato Pizza
- 1 pre-made thin pizza crust or Pillsbury pizza thin crust
- 1 1/2 cups mashed potatoes (I used the quick Idahoan loaded mashed potato kind but any will work)
- chopped broccoli, raw or cooked
- a handful of chopped green onions
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- Preheat oven according to pizza crust package directions. Precook the pizza for about 5 minutes.
- Thinly spread mashed potatoes on top of the pizza crust and top with broccoli, green onions, cheddar cheese and bacon. Cook according to package directions (for the Pillsbury kind, about 8-10 more min).