At present I am suffering from a little summer sickness so once I get back to feeling normal I think I will celebrate with one of these. Blackberry flavored drinks are a weakness for me–I will always have a soft spot for the blackberry martinis at the restaurant Salut in Minneapolis.
Recipe courtesy of Confections of a Foodie Bride blog (so many great recipes!)
◦ For the blackberry puree:
◦ 6 oz blackberries
◦ 1/4 cup water
◦ For the cocktails:
◦ 3-4 oz blackberry puree
◦ 9 oz lime juice
◦ 9 oz water
◦ 1/2 cup sugar
◦ 3 oz orange liqueur
◦ 3 oz blackberry liqueur
◦ 6 oz tequila
1. Heat berries and 1/4 water over medium heat.
2. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to break down the berries.
3. Pour into a strainer set over a bowl and press the pulp and juices through the stainer, into the bowl.
4. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1 cup water and heat until sugar is dissolved and the water is clear.
5. Add puree, simple syrup, lime juice, liqueurs, and tequila in a small pitcher or carafe.
6. If you can’t find the blackberry liqueur, either don’t use it or replace it with a couple extra tablespoons of blackberry puree.
7. Stir well and serve over ice.