I had this salad over the Fourth of July holiday and loved it! It has those fresh,crunchy salsa flavors and textures along with that little bit of sweetness from the sweet potato. It makes a good side dish to picnics, cookouts and dinners!
Sweet Potato Salad from Aldi.com
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
- 6 pounds small sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons Carlini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup Specially Selected Gourmet House Vinaigrette
- 1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Cumin
- 2 pinches Stonemill Essentials Ground Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup Season’s Choice Super Sweet Corn, thawed
- 15.5 ounces Dakota’s Pride Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large bowl, toss sweet potatoes with olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Spread onto a large baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until tender. Refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette, cumin, chili powder, paprika, lime juice, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Add the corn, black beans, red onion, bell pepper, cilantro and chilled sweet potatoes to the vinaigrette. Toss until well combined.